As one grows older, there is a significant mobility change. These changes include unsteadiness while walking, getting a hard time getting in and out of the chair. Noticeable changes also include the muscles to weaken, joint problems and neurological difficulties. A swiveling and sliding bathtub transfer bench is a mobility device that would help them to accomplish their normal bathroom routine, for them to be more independent, living a normal life as it was when they were younger. In this article, guides and reviews are presented to be able to find out how this product will help them to live a better life in spite of the aging difficulties.
- What is a Sliding and Swivel bathtub transfer Bench?
Answer: A sliding swivel bathtub transfer bench is made of a stationary frame and a seat that moves, either slides, swivels or both.
- What is the main reason swivel and sliding bathtub transfer bench are used?
Answer: They make it possible for you to enter and exit the tub from a seated position, with no need to step in and out.
- What are the different types of swiveling and sliding bathtub transfer benches?
Answer: Sliding Swivel Bath bathtub transfer benches differ in the way in which the seat moves and the type of base supporting the seat. There are 3 seat types, the seat slides only, seat swivels only and seat swivels and slides. There are 4 support frame types; Legless, two legged Chair, four legged chair and four legged bench.
- How does a swiveling and sliding bathtub transfer bench work?
Answer: It is a bath mobility equipment being used by the elderly or anyone with limited mobility to sit to get into a bathtub. They then sit on the bench, which moves slowly on the side of the tub and gradually swivels from the outside to the inside of the tub and vice versa.
Our Top Picks
Drive Medical Plastic Tub Transfer Bench with Adjustable Backrest
- Blow-molded plastic bath bench
- Product weight capacity- 400 pounds
- A great help for spinal fusion
- Tool-free transfer bench
Bathtub transfer bench is designed to assist individuals while entering and exiting the bath with complete independence. It ensures maximum stability. It is designed to accommodate 200 lbs and above. Check how safe and durable this bathtub transfer bench is in this review.
Carousel Sliding Transfer Bench with Swivel Seat
- Popularly used in hospital, nursing homes and in private homes
- Padded back, seat and armrests
- Swivel seat space saving design
- Hi-contrast color for safety
Carousel Sliding Transfer Bench with Swivel Seat by Platinum Health reduces falls in the bathrooms due to its pivoting arms and its space saving design. Transfers in and out of the tub is effortless. Its closed-cell molded polyurethane padding will not absorb any water and is easy to clean and disinfect. Find out more how your elderly at home will love this equipment in this review.
3 Tub Transfer Bench and Sliding Shower Chair by Duro Med
- Ideal not only for the elderly but for the disabled, handicapped or post surgical patients.
- Offers integrated safety features.
- Capacity is 400 pounds
- Unique feature of a cut out seat design
Tub Transfer Bench and Sliding Shower Chair is perfect for those with broken arms soecially for those with limited mobility like the elderly. This equipment does not require any permanent mounting hardware as seat can be configured with right or left install. It is made of aluminum frame with blow molded seat with back rest, hook and loop safety belt, nylon strap locks hold seat in place, suction cup rubber anti slip feet and removable cut out for easy perinneal access. More exciting features can be found in this review.
Moen DN7105 Home Care 33-Inch W x 18-Inch D Adjustable Height Non Slip Bath Safety Transfer Bench by Moen
- Designed with adjustable height fits a variety of tub and shower styles
- Supports up to 400 pounds
- With built in drainage system
- Well made, sturdy and adjustable
Moen DN7105 Home Care is known to be accesories to lend a helping hand when the elderly needs it. It has a non slip surface and adjustable height that fits all types of tubs and shower styles. Find out more of its safety features in this review.
Medline Tub Transfer Bench With Microban Antimicrobial Protection by Medline
- Designed with microban antimicrobial protection
- It supports 350 pounds
- Perfect to those with recent knee or hip surgery
- Lightweight, easy to assemble , Latex Free
Medline Tub Transfer Bench With Microban Antimicrobial Protection is the most unique among all of the mentioned brands due to its built in antimicrobial protection. Its design of slide arm provides additional stability. This is recommended for people with arthritis,bending or stretching limitations, the most common issues of our elderly. Evaluate more if this accessory for are elderly is a best match in this review.
Carex Tub Transfer Bench by Carex Health Brands
- Adjustable seat height
- Legs are easily adjusted to sit flat and secure.
- Features a reversible seat back for left or right handed entry.
- Made of Heavy Duty Non Slip Aluminum Body and Plastic Seat
Carex Tub Transfer Bench by Carex Health Brands is a perfect solution for the elderly.Its adjustable seat height makes it easier to level the bath bench to the perfect height with no tools required. It is compact in size but can hold up to 300 pounds. This is also perfect to those who have undergone a hip surgery. Find out more how the elderly will be benefited with this accessory in this review.
Our elderly deserve to move independently as before when they were younger so lets give them more independence while at the bathroom with this accessory. After all, we will soon be like them. When we purchase one today, think as if you are purchasing one for your future self, because if we are lucky enough to make it into old age, we will all eventually need one of these!