Lots of homeowners take pride in decorating their houses. They fill it with items that correspond with the style they have in mind. Functional pieces like sectional sofas are very popular with practical homeowners due to the furniture’s advantageous and functional design. Know more about this innovative piece in our handy guide.
- What are the benefits of owning a sectional sofa?
Answer: The sectional sofa, due to its form, is a great option for smaller houses or homes with U or L-shaped designs. It provides additional seating without taking up so much valuable space.
- What are the different shapes of sectional sofas?
Answer: Here are the sectional sofa shapes sold in the market today:
• L shape – The L shape sectional sofa is available in different sizes. It is the most popular shape pick.
• Curved – Will not lean against walls because of its unique shape. Not really a common design for sectionals.
• Chaise – Not a true sectional however chaise ones are great options for smaller rooms. This type comes with a main sofa or couch with a chaise that extends from the body of the sofa.
- What fabrics are used to make sectional sofas?
Answer: Here are some of the more commonly-used fabrics in making sectional sofas:
• Microfiber – Comfortable, soft and virtually easy to care and maintain.
• Linen – Another popular fabric pick for sectionals because it’s comfortable, comes in a good selection of colors and is a snap to clean.
• Polyester – Easy to care and maintain plus it comes in a nice range of colors.
• Leather – Supple, soft and comfortable to use plus it lasts long with regular maintenance.
- What factors should I consider while looking for sectional sofas?
Answer: You need to consider the size of the sectional first and assess whether the piece will suit the size of your living space. Don’t forget the upholstery quality of the piece and whether you need additional features like reclining seats, storage compartments, cup holders, lights or USB charging ports.
Our Top Picks
DHP Emily Sectional Futon Sofa with Convertible Chaise Lounger, Grey Linen by DHP
- Low-profile design
- Tufted backrest
- Converts easily into lounging/sleeping positions
- Simple assembly
The DHP Emily Sectional Futon Sofa with Convertible Lounger is one of most affordable and elegant sectional pieces sold in the market today. It has an adjustable back, a lid with a hydraulic-based opening mechanism and a design which makes assembling the entire piece a breeze. It comes in a good range of materials customers can choose from—it’s available in linen, faux leather and velvet. See more in this review.
Modern Soft Brush Microfiber Sectional Sofa – Small Space Configurable Couch (Grey) by DIVANO ROMA FURNITURE
- Beautiful contemporary design
- Microfiber upholstery
- Fits smaller spaces
- Easy to set up
This sectional from Divano Roma Furniture comes with all the hardware and instructions you need for a proper assembly. The form of this sectional is recommended for homes with small spaces. The modern design fits most contemporary houses and apartments. It has firm, solid seating which can take plenty of shock and usage; it will last for quite a while. The sofa also comes with chrome-finished legs for a distinctive look, seat cushions and comfort foam. Check more of the sofa in this review.
Poundex 2 Pieces Faux Leather Sectional Right Chaise Sofa, White
- Includes adjustable armrests
- Comes with back supports
- Soft-touch synthetic leather
- Simple assembly
Mind having a sectional sofa that brings good value to your money? Then the Sectional Right Chaise Sofa from Poundex hits the spot. The couch comes with a wood frame wrapped in sleek white faux leather plus cushions padded with comfort foam. It has a two-piece design with beneficial back supports and armrests which can be adjusted according to your needs. The sofa has great bounce and it’s a great spot for sleeping, resting and relaxing. See more in this review.
Rivet Revolve Mid-Century Modern Reversible Chaise Sectional Sofa Couch, 80″W, Grey Weave
- Strong hardwood frame
- Stable beech wood legs
- Excellent contemporary design
- Simple assembly
The Rivet Revolve Mid-Century Modern Reversible Chaise Sectional Sofa is comfortable to sleep and rest on. The sturdy frame is crafted from fine hardwood and complemented with stable beech wood legs. The entire assembly has an eye-catching contemporary design which is a cinch to put together. Arms have a sufficient height as well; it is not positioned too high nor too low. Get more insight on this piece in this review.
BOBKONA Michelson 3-Piece Reversible Sectional with Ottoman Sofa Set, Charcoal
- Made with microfiber waffle suede
- Reversible sectional design
- Strong hardwood frame
- Durable hardwood legs
The Bobkona Michelson 3-Piece Reversible Sectional sofa set is built to last. The piece comes with sturdy and stable hardwood frames and legs that can tolerate plenty of use. In fact, all corners of the sofa are blocked, screwed on and glued for better stability and strength. The microfiber waffle suede material is quite sturdy and will hold up well for a longer time. The entire piece was a cinch to set up too. Get more info in this review.
HONBAY Convertible Sectional Sofa Couch, L-Shaped Couch with Modern Linen Fabric for Small Space Light Grey
- Convertible design
- Strong linen fabric
- Easy to assemble
- Firm cushions
The Honbay Convertible Sectional Sofa ranks high when it comes to sturdiness and durability thanks to its stable frame and legs. The seat cushions are another bonus; it’s comfortable but has a firm touch which makes for better durability. The material has a plush yet strengthened look and feel which will not pill or snag easily. Check out more positives in this review.
Sectional sofas are a good addition to small homes and apartments. Choose wisely by way of our guide and reviews.