Mobility aids such as rollators are ideal for people who have trouble getting around or have walking difficulties due to old age, injuries or illness.
A rollator, because of its wheels and maneuverability, is best for people who are able to walk, but need a little help with balance and stability. A rollator can conserve the user’s energy because it does not have to be lifted for movement like a non-wheeled walker, allows a faster walking speed, and helps with a normal gait. Guides and reviews are presented for you to determine if a rollator is the mobility device which can give more comfort under any circumstance for the elderly and those struggling from illness or post surgery.
- What is the difference between a rollator and a walker?
Answer: The wheels is the major difference between them. Rollators have wheels while a walker has none. Rollators have brakes and walkers have none. Rollators are easier to maneuver than walkers.
- What is a rollator used for?
Answer: They are used for weight bearing and not for balance. It is often called a rolling walker, but much different from standard walkers as they feature 3 or 4 wheels, with a seat and a hand break with adjustable hand bars.
- Who should not use a rollator?
Answer: People with balance issues, those who can’t prolonged standing or those who needs a firm support when walking need not use a rollator.Some therapists state that if a person has difficulty walking from the bedroom to the bathroom, they are not ideal candidates for a rollator.
- What not to do when using a rollator?
Answer: Never let someone push you while you are sitting in them. It is a walking aid only and not a transportation device. They don’t have the strength or capacity for this type of movement.The welding for the rollator may give out if too much weight is placed upon it.
Our Top Picks
Drive Medical Four Wheel Rollator with Fold Up Removable Back Support, Red by Drive Medical
- Ideal for uneven/outdoor terrain
- With built-in padded seat and backrest
- Features deluxe loop locks for safety
- Easily store and transport
Drive Medical Four Wheel Rollator is designed with adjustable handle heights to ensure customized comfort. The seat is made of plastic with a convenient basket for personal belongings. It is very stable and sturdy because it is made of lightweight steel instead of aluminum. Find out more how it can help in the mobility issues of a person demonstrating its durability in review.
Hugo Elite Rollator Walker with Seat, Backrest and Saddle Bag, Blue by Hugo Mobility
- Quick and easy to set up
- Designed to support adults up to 300 lbs
- Reliable stability for more confidence and security
- Perfect when walking both indoors and outdoors
Hugo Elite Rollator Walker is well suited for those that have conditions that compromise balance.It has extra large 8 inch wheels, the reason why it is extremely sturdy and stable. It glides along so smoothly. With this rollator, posture can even be better. Discover more exciting benefits of this rollator in this review.
Medline Heavy Duty Rollator Walker by Medline
- Features a strong, reinforced steel frame to support up to 500 lbs
- Rollator walker folds flat for easy storage and transportation
- With adjustable handles
- Made of heavy duty steel frame
Medline heavy duty rollator Walker has a height of the seat that makes it easy to sit and get up. Its handles is meant more for taller people but with plenty of adjustments.Its wheels are smooth rolling with reinforced spokes for extra strength easily roll on all indoor surfaces and outdoor terrain. Find out more of its unexpected features in review.
HealthSmart Rollator Walker with Seat and Backrest by HealthSmart
- Made of durable but lightweight aluminum that can hold up to 300 pounds
- Has bicycle style loop-lock handbrakes.
- Folds easily for storage and transportation
- With adjustable handle height
HealthSmart Rollator Walker with Seat and Backrest is well compact that it can be folded sideways. It is well built, good quality, easy to assemble, and very effective in use. This rollator is known to be a world class. Find out more why so may users have said so much good points about this rollator in this review.
ProBasics Aluminum Rollator Walker by Roscoe Medical
- A great choice for seniors, elderly, handicap, or disabled adults.
- Lockable handbrakes
- Padded seat and back support
- Durable Construction/li>
ProBasics Aluminum Rollator Walker with Seat has a height that is adjustable from 31″ to 36″.It is built from a lightweight but sturdy aluminum frame and can support individuals up to 250 lbs. It folds up easily for storage or travel.This is the only rollator which has a “transport” feature. Find out more amazing fetures of this rollator in this review.
NOVA GetGo Petite Rollator Walker
- The only rollator with 4 sizes, classic, standard, petite and junior
- Equipped with 6″ rubber wheels with 1″ wide base
- Padded seat is comfortable, durable and easy to clean.
- NOVA walkers are built for life and backed by the best service and warranty
NOVA GEtGo comes with a much needed bonus feature – The Lock n’ Load, that locks the walker in a folded position, making it much easier to lift in and out of a vehicle or any storage situation. It has a weight capacity of 300 pounds. Its brakes are very secure.It is very easy to maneuver and its 6″ wheels make a 360 degree rotation for quick turnarounds. Find out more exciting features of this rollator in this review.
Valentine is fast approaching, don’t our loved oldies deserve to receive these amazing mobility device? Give them your best pick based on their needs from our reviews today.