Not all establishments have nursing rooms for new mothers to breastfeed. This is why nursing covers are a blessing for on-the-go moms. They allow mothers to feed their baby discreetly and let infants nurse without distractions. They also provide a soothing environment for pumping and baby naps.
We found a wide variety of breastfeeding covers on Amazon that fit all styles and tastes. Our top six comprise those with exceptional features and the most positive reviews.
- What are nursing covers?
Answer: Nursing covers are fabrics used to keep breasts hidden while feeding in public.
- Is a nursing cover necessary?
Answer: It is up to the mother. Some moms like to be discreet when feeding their babies in public, which makes a nursing cover necessary.
- What are the different kinds of nursing covers?
Answer: There are apron-type nursing covers, infinity scarves, wraparound nursing covers, and bonchos.
Our Top Picks
State of Wilde’s Nursing Breastfeeding Cover Scarf, Car Seat Covers for Babies Infant Carseat Canopy
- Organic cotton is non-toxic and contains no heavy metals, phthalates or formaldehyde making it safe for your newborn or toddler
- The multi-use 5-in-1 cover can be used as a baby car seat cover, stroller cover, shopping cart protector, high chair covering, or a cute fashionable nursing scarf
- Protect your infant from from sunlight, wind, bugs, dust, pollen, germs and bacteria while also maintaining privacy while breastfeeding or pumping milk
- Organic cotton covers all-seasons offering warmth in winter and fall but also keeps baby cool in spring and summer making it super versatile
- One size fits all with full coverage for all shapes and sizes measuring 29” wide and 27.5” long.
The State of Wilde nursing cover for breastfeeding is super versatile and can also be used as a baby car seat cover, stroller cover, shopping cart protector, high chair covering, or a cute fashionable nursing scarf. Effortless to use while breastfeeding or pumping milk, our nursing cover is super versatile to use from newborn to toddler stages and made from organic cotton that is grown with no pesticides, chemicals or synthetic fertilizers. Organic cotton is skin-friendly and soothing making it ideal for babies.
Milky Chic Nursing and Breastfeeding Poncho
- A breastfeeding cover with a rigid neckline that keeps your baby in view, hands-free
- Features a chic, stylish design
- Portable, comes with its own carrying bag
- Perfect gift for baby shower
- Generously sized at 128″ Breadth and 28.25″ Long; fits women of all sizes and great for breastfeeding twins!
Milky Chic’s Nursing and Breastfeeding Poncho provides full privacy without sacrificing comfort. Our pioneering nursing cover combines the benefits of ponchos and aprons to give you a product that meets all of your needs for effortless public breastfeeding. It’s multipurpose and can be used as a car seat and stroller cover! Unique and exclusive to our cover, a nursing shirt holder keeps your top elevated and prevents it from falling on your baby’s face. Now you can say goodbye to maternity clothes! The wired neckline frees your hands so you can fully support the baby while feeding.
KeaBabies Nursing Cover for Baby Breastfeeding
- Breathable and stretchable
- Buttery soft
- Non see-through fabric
- With a storage bag
Breastfeed in public with this nursing cover. The premium-quality cotton rayon fabric is specially designed to provide maximum airflow so you and your baby stay comfortable. With a 360-degree coverage, this cover lets you enjoy complete privacy. Included is a storage bag that can be used as a diaper bag organizer.
Bamboobies Maternity Nursing Cover
- One size fits all
- 95% bamboo viscose and 5% spandex
- Available in poncho or open kimono style
- Lightweight and breathable
Enjoy maximum coverage with this nursing cover. Made of super-soft rayon with a touch of spandex, it is quick-drying, lightweight, and flatters any figure. It is clinically tested to provide UPF 30+ sun protection, and has a discreet open side for easy breastfeeding access. Choose from 4 stylish colors: black, blackberry, gray, and graphite.
Uhinoos Nursing Cover
- Soft and lightweight
- Adjustable neck strap
- 100% privacy
- Breathable and comfortable
Comfortably breastfeed anytime, anywhere with this nursing cover. Its unique patterns go well with any wardrobe, while its special open neckline allows you to maintain eye contact with your baby while nursing. Made of light cotton, it is soft, breathable, and promotes airflow. The plastic semi-ring on the front provides you enough room to nurse your baby and watch him at the same time.
Trcoveric Feeding Cover
- Lightweight and breathable
- Curved wired top
- Rigid neckline
- Quick to use
Feed your baby wherever you want with this nursing cover. It is made of 100% breathable cotton that’s gentle on baby’s skin. It’s thick enough to provide privacy but light enough to be worn. The added curved wired top lets you view your baby, while the rigid neckline allows air circulation. The plastic band that goes over the neck doesn’t slip off.
HoRmi Baby Nursing Breastfeeding Cover
- Soft elastic material
- 360-degree coverage
- Breathable and stretchable
- Stylish and comfortable
Nurse or pump comfortably with this infinity breastfeeding scarf. Its biomimetic material and new textile technology ensure excellent breathability, while its full coverage provides complete privacy when breastfeeding in public. Measuring 26 x 24 inches, the scarf fits most nursing mothers. With a stylish design, it goes well with any wardrobe.
Kids N’ Such Nursing Cover with Sewn in Burp Cloth
- 100% breathable
- Baby safe
- Extra wide
- Free carrying pouch
Give your little one a safe and comfortable place to nurse with this nursing cover. A patented burp cloth is sewn into the cover, allowing you to easily transition from feeding to burping in just seconds. The breathable fabric lets you and your baby stay cool, while the rigid neckline allows you to maintain eye contact with your newborn and ensure a good latch.
These nursing covers allow you to feel less uncomfortable breastfeeding your little one in public. They let you be discreet so you can avoid awkward gazes and judgments whispers from passersby.