Excessive mucus can be uncomfortable because it blocks nasal passages, leading to difficulties in breathing. Mucus is often caused by respiratory diseases but they can be controlled. Make your baby at ease once more with an effective mucus section machine. Read more about this device in our helpful guide.
- What does a mucus suction device do?
Answer: The mucus suction machine, also known as nasal aspirator, is a device that is used to aspirate or suck fluid from the nose or cavity. While this sounds rather unpleasant, this is actually a very useful device that should be included in your infant gear kit. Whether it’s a cold or allergy, the mucus suction device has proven to be a good solution for curbing such discomforts.
- What are the different types of mucus suction machines?
Answer: Here are some common kinds of mucus suction machines:
• Bulb – The bulb nasal aspirator is one of the easiest to use and to utilize it, you need to squeeze the bulb and release air inside it. Insert the tip of the mucus suction machine inside the nostril of the baby and then discharge it.
• Oral suction – This type of mucus suction machine is operated by a parent. One end goes inside the nose of the baby while the other into the parent’s mouth. The parent will perform the suction—a filter is typically used to prevent the mucus from going inside the parent’s mouth.
• Electric – With the electric kind, there is no need to aspirate or squeeze since all it takes for the device to work is to press a button, put it in the nose of your infant and allow the device to drain all mucus.
• Battery-operated – This type is a handheld model and gives moderate aspirating action. This is a good unit for those who do not want to use an oral suction model or the bulb types.
- How frequent do I need to use a mucus suction machine on my baby?
Answer: If the device is used correctly and safely, you can aspirate the nose of the baby as often as required. The thing to remember here is to prevent the nasal cavity from getting irritated. You can make use of a bit of olive oil around your baby’s nose if you see signs of irritation. Do not apply too much force or pressure when aspirating as well since this can further aggravate your baby’s nose.
- What factors should I consider when buying a mucus suction machine?
Answer: You need to consider the durability and quality of material the device was made of if in case it’s going to be for long-term use. Also consider if the device is easy to clean up and maintain, effective and safe. Don’t forget your budget too.
Our Top Picks
NoseFrida the Snotsucker
- Safe and easy to clean
- Phthalate and BPA-free
To prevent the nasal aspirator from constantly aggravating your baby’s nose, the NoseFrida’s straightforward Swedish design makes the whole process more tolerable by placing the tube against the nostril and not within it. This provides extra relief from nasal congestion. This is a safe device made from quality materials that are BPA and phthalate-free. Easy to clean up since this is a dishwasher-friendly model. See more in this review.
NeilMed NasaBulb Nasal Aspirator
- 2-in-1 design
- Safe and sterilizable
- Made from top-grade silicone
The NeilMed NasalBulb Nasal Aspirator has a distinctive design that guarantees safety, effectivity and value. The 2-in-1 design allows for versatile uses—parents can use it as an oral suction device or as a bulb-type aspirator. Take away mucus safely and efficiently by producing negative airflow of 5-10 liters, or even more than those numbers within a minute. The device also includes inline disposable filters and a one-way valve for safer use. Check this device in this review.
BabySmile S-502 Nasal Aspirator
- Works fast to clear mucus
- Removable and washable parts
- BPA-free and FDA-approved
The BabySmile Nasal Aspirator S-502 features a hospital-grade design that tackles mucus and rids your baby’s nose of blockage. It’s ideal for babies who are struck with cold, middle ear infections and contracted RS viruses. The device is made from materials that are free from harmful elements like BPA and it comes with FDA approval as well. It’s easy to clean due to its detachable parts. See how this works in this review.
OCCObaby Baby Nasal Aspirator
- Includes power suction tip
- Has reusable silicone tips in 3 sizes
- Safe and FDA-approved
- Easy to clean, waterproof
The OCCObaby Nasal Aspirator presents the unique power suction tip but this is a design that is actually guaranteed safe for newborns. The package already comes with three batteries, a bonus snot aspirator and 3 sizes of reusable and soft silicone tips. The range of sizes assures comfort on your baby’s nose during the aspirator procedure. The device is a snap to clean, safe and approved by the FDA. Get more insight on this product in this review.
Nosiboo Pro Nasal Aspirator
- Effective and safe electric model
- Adjustable motor
- Easy to clean
The Nosiboo Pro Nasal Aspirator is an electric model that allows good control. It comes with a number of settings so parents can manage the level of suction that their child needs. It is easy to clean thanks to its removable head. The head requires cleanup after use since the mucus gets gathered there. The aspirator also comes with a pleasing design and does not require any filter changes. See more of this device in this video review.
Only get the best mucus suction machine for your baby. Do refer to our list of high-quality products for easier decision-making.