Bed wedge pillows are becoming all the rage for people suffering from a variety of conditions ranging from sleep apnea, indigestion, heart burn, insomnia all the way to aches and pains in the shoulders and upper back.
We’ve done all the hard work putting together a list of the top choices you could find for bed wedge pillows. Take a look at our handy buyer’s guide and choose the one that’s right for you.
- What is a bed wedge pillow?
Answer: Bed wedge pillows are sloping orthopedic pillows that enable sleepers to rest their head, shoulders and torso at an inclined angle. It has a triangular shape with a tapered incline that helps the person using the pillow remain in a semi-upright position while they are sleeping.
- How do you sleep with a bed wedge pillow?
Answer: Instead of using a ordinary pillow, place the bed wedge pillow in it’s place. Lay the bed wedge with the widest end down, the flat side against the wall, and the narrowest part at the top. Lay against it and make sure it is comfortable for you.
- What are the uses of a bed wedge pillow?
Answer: The use of a bed wedge pillow can ease symptoms of various medical issues, including acid reflux, sleep apnea and poor circulation. Elevated legs to reduce pressure on lower back while sleeping or during pregnancy. For people who suffer from swollen legs, having their feet elevated during the night can make their mornings more comfortable. Another use for the bed wedge pillow is when you are suffering from clogged sinuses, as sleeping in the upright position will help drainage.
- Can a bed wedge pillow promote better sleep?
Answer: A bed wedge pillow is known for its therapeutic qualities and comfortable support that molds to the contours of the shoulders and supports the upper back and shoulders. Bed wedge pillows do promote a healthy and better sleep. It can also help reduce snoring, allergies and other breathing problems.
Our Top Picks
Contour BackMax Foam Bed Wedge Pillow Support System
- Adjustable & Customizable support from head to toe
- Patent design provides orthopedic lumbar support
- Zero-Gravity recline provides “weightless” comfort to ease aches & pains
- Foldable for storage & lightweight for travel
The Contour BackMax provides orthopedic comfort for anyone who may struggle with digestive, respiratory, circulatory, muscular, nerve, lumbar or back pain. This zero gravity bed wedge is a durable 3 piece foam wedge system that allows users to adjust their support and comfort. The zippered design allows the wedge pillows to be used together for full body support or, apart for targeted incline elevation for different body zones. Also perfect for athletes to enhance recovery after workouts & can be used anywhere – great for travel!
Relax Support RS6 Wedge Pillow
- Full Memory Foam
- 3 Elevation Choices
- Includes Free half-moon Pillow
- Removable and Washable Pillow Cover
- Endless Multi-use Possibilites
The Relax Support 100% Memory foam RS6 Wedge pillow is the only wedge pillow with PATENTED strategic 3 in 1 elevation technology. Wedges come in various heights – measured in inches or degrees and it is almost impossible to know which height suits you best. But the RS6 Wedge Pillow gives you 3 elevation choices all in one back cushion! – and why not share half a pillow with your partner? The best part of RS wedge pillow is that it is made up completely of memory foam while the competition only offers classic foam or a simple top layer of memory foam. That’s why this pillow is both soft and supportive at the same time. For maximum comfort and pain relief the pillow is both soft and supportive at the same time. For maximum comfort and pain relief the even cozier evenings and nights. Use it to give extra support to your neck, shoulders, back or legs.
LUXELIFT Bed Wedge Pillow for Sleeping
- 2” thick Gel-infused Egg Crate Memory Foam keeps you cool all nigh
- Unique Split Height Design Can be set at 8” or 12”
- Washable Bamboo Pillow Cover is luxuriously soft whilst wicking away moisture
- US Patent & 5 year warranty
The US Patented Zenesse Health Luxelift Adjustable Wedge pillow is perfect for upper body elevation when recovering from surgery or living with long conditions such as GERD, Sleep Apnea, Back or Sinus Pain. The unique split height design enables you to choose the most suitable height for you or to lower it as you recover from injury, whilst the egg crate memory foam enables 4 way airflow to make sure you wake up feeling refreshed.
Drive Medical Folding Bed Wedge
- Designed to help elevate and support the neck
- Helps to relieve discomfort with respiratory problems
- Great for sleeping with acid reflux
- Compact folding design
Drive Medical Folding Bed Wedge is considered to be a great adult bedroom item. It is lightweight but firm, very portable with a very nice carrying case. It provides the much needed back support and is excellent for treating GERD snoring.
Cushy Form Bed Wedge Pillow
- Comfortable recliner
- Promotes better sleep position and relief from orthopedic health issues
- High density memory foam top
- Breathable and washable cover
Cushy Form Bed Wedge Pillow improves body posture and at the same time, it supports upper back and shoulders. It has a soft and breathable color. This bed wedge is perfect for congestive heart failure as it leads to much better breathing. It is known to be a very helpful sleeping aid.
FitPlus Premium Wedge Pillow
- High density memory foam
- Helps relieve neck and back pain
- Outfitted with a soft, breathable cover
- Ergonomically shaped pillow improves sleep posture
The FitPlus Premium Wedge Pillow promotes better sleep position. It relieves back and neck pain and all orthopedic health issues. With this bed wedge, one’s energy level increases. It also treats Barrett’s esophagus.
InteVision Extra Large Bed Wedge Pillow
- Two Layer Design with EXTRA LARGE SIZE
- Silky-smooth, 400 thread count, 100% Egyptian cotton cover
- Reduces back pain, providing a healthy, more comfortable night’s sleep.
- U.S. Patented
InteVision Extra Large Bed Wedge Pillow is made of a 2-inch memory foam layer on top of a firm base foam. Its extra width allows placing both arms comfortably on the wedge pillow and its extra length gives more flexibility to adjust body position. This bed wedge pillow is specifically designed to help with sleep apnea. It is very supportive and yet so soft. This one is really a comfort in bed.