We all know that brushing your hair daily has its benefits. The advantage of this routine though is magnified even more with the use of a boar bristle brush. Take good care of your hair today by adding a boar bristle brush in your routine. Check out these amazing products today for the shiniest, silkiest tresses.
- Are boar bristle brushes suitable for curly hair?
Answer: To manage curly tresses, it is best that you opt for a brush with wooden bristles. Boar bristle brushes are more recommended for people with fine or normal hair.
- What are the advantages of using a boar bristle brush?
Answer: The boar bristle brush gives plenty of benefits for normal to fine hair. Regular use makes your tresses shiny and smooth. Fine hair gets plenty of volume and it also regulates the scalp’s sebum production. The bristles of a boar hair brush also rids hair of dirt and dandruff. Well-made ones are quite durable and will last for a long time compared too ordinary nylon brushes.
- What factors should I consider when choosing a boar bristle brush?
Answer: Excellent boar bristle brushes are designed in a way that it adapts optimally to the contours of your head whenever pressure is employed. The bristles of the brush should have different individual lengths—longer bristles result to better blood flow while the shorter ones take away hair product deposits or dirt that remain on the hair while styling or shampooing/conditioning. The bristles of the brush should have sufficient hardness as well. It should not be too soft. Good boar bristle brushes have the capability to massage your scalp properly apart from stroking it. Quality boar bristle brushes also feature ample distance between each tuft of bristle. Lastly, the best boar bristle brushes have a good grip to make brushing your hair a comfortable experience.
Our Top Picks
Moroccanoil Boar Bristle Brush
- 45mm round brush
- Natural, handmade boar bristle brush
- Simulates and massages scalp
- Lightweight, heat-resistant ash wood handle
Add more gloss and volume to your mane by using the Moroccanoil Boar Bristle Brush. This 45mm round brush is filled with natural, high-quality handmade boar bristles to facilitate shine and volume. Round brushes are the secret to an amazing blow out and by using this brush, you will get the volume that you need while at the same time, still manage to keep hair strands in place during your blow-drying routines. Ideal for longer and medium-length hair.
Denman D81L Large Hair Brush with Soft Nylon Quill Boar Bristles
- Is the Denman D81 suitable for thick hair? Yes. Unlike full bristle brushes that sometime struggle to penetrate thick hair, the D81’s nylon pins help in really get into thick hair
- Can you use the D81 on all hairstyles? Yes, pretty much. The only style I would avoid is if you want a very curly look. The D81 will smooth and control curls to make them softer and create that sexy bouncy curl look
- Can you use the Denman D81 for children? Yes absolutely. As well as being very versatile, this is a great pre-bed brush for young girls with long hair. Giving hair a good brush with the D81 before bed will mean it’s less tangled in the morning
- Is the Denman D81 better than a full bristle version? No, they have different uses. The D81 brushes through all the hair while the full bristle D82is for smoothing and finishing
The key to the popularity of the Denman D81 Style & Shine brush is the clever combination of natural boar bristle with flexible nylon pins. Each has its specific purpose, but together, combined in a cushioned pad, they deliver a unique result. The nylon pins penetrate into the hair to detangle and control while the boar bristle smooths the fine hairs and helps spread the hair’s natural oils to add shine. The D81 Style & Shine brush is great for brushing out hair to revitalise, add life and shine. It’s also a great tool for tailoring up-styles and finishing a wide range of editorial looks. Available in small, medium and large sizes.
Bossman Round Boar & Nylon Bristle Brush
- Detangling bristles that gently massage to increase blood flow and unclogging the hair follicle
- Oil preserving Boar hair bristles that distribute throughout the entire beard or hair. This will help to seal in split ends, prevent hair breakage, and reduce frizz
- An oval cushioned rubber base is meant to give way when met with resistance. This provides reduced breakage when detangling, and loose tension when using to style
The Bossman Beard Brush is the perfect mix of old school and new school. Their proprietary combination of boar & nylon created a synergistic effect allowing for optimal oil preservation and distribution through the entire beard. The longer, stronger nylon bristles provide increased blood flow by gently massaging pores and unclogging hair follicles.
FIXBODY Boar Bristles Round Hair Brush
- Made from natural boar bristle
- Uses Nano Ionic technology
- Anti-skid, ergonomic rubber handle
- Protects hair from damage
No more worrying about the state of your long locks, this time, add the FIXBODY Boar Bristles Round Hair Brush in your hair care routine. Made with natural boar bristles for effective frizz resistance, high shine and well-managed scalp sebum production. Ergonomic design makes handling the brush a walk in the park. Gets rid of tangles and safeguards your tresses from damage thanks to the brush’s Nano Ionic technology—high heat resistance leads to healthier, glossy hair.
Dovahlia Boar Bristle Hair Brush Set for Women and Men
- Made from 100% boar bristles
- No nylon filler bristles
- Set includes wooden brush, comb and hemp travel bag
- Protects and conditions
The Dovahlia Boar Bristle Hair Brush Set for Women and Men has all the items you need for great hair care and grooming. The boar bristle brush is the highlight of the set; it gets praises for its bristles which are composed of 100 percent natural boar bristles. Does not include nylon filler bristles—just bristles that work to redistribute natural oils all over hair for proper conditioning from roots to tips. Travel-friendly set already includes a hemp bag.
Evo Bruce 28 Natural Boar Bristle Brush
- Made with natural boar bristles
- Has handle pick
- Includes natural wood components
- Distributes hair oils evenly through hair
The Evo Bruce 28 Natural Boar Bristle Brush is a 28mm brush which is designed to get rid of frizz and flyaways for hair that’s well-tamed, conditioned and shiny. Its size is just ideal for people with medium-length hair. For further scalp stimulation and excellent blood circulation, the brush is equipped to the nines with natural boar bristles. The bristles work to enhance shine, reduce frizz and add body to limp hair. The brush is also designed to tolerate higher heat settings from styling tools.
Mason Pearson Women’s Mason Pearson Pocket Brush
- 2-inch wide brush
- Cellulose plastic handle with rubber cushion pad
- 6.75 inches length
- Made in the U.K.
The name to trust when it comes to hair brushes, the Women’s Mason Pearson Pocket Brush is one travel-friendly boar bristle brush that you can include in your kit of travel essentials. This is a worthy splurge that will last for lots of years—excellent built, designed with durability in mind. The boar and nylon bristles combo will not fall out even with regular use. The bristles also work hard to glide throughout your hair with less effort, detangling and smoothening any kinks without damage. Shinier and healthier hair is yours to keep with habitual use. No more frizzies to deal with, no more lackluster locks.
Wet Brush Shine Enhancer Hair Brush (Purple)
- Gives natural gloss to hair
- Detangles strands
- Less damaging to wet hair
- Made with IntelliFlex and natural boar bristles
They say brushing is bad for wet hair since it imparts damage but with the Wet Brush Shine Enhancer Hair Brush on hand, damp hair can still acquire the benefits that boar bristle brushes give without the damage and the excessive force. This brush includes bristles made from natural boar and IntelliFlex bristles for outstanding shine, better scalp blood circulation and less frizz. It detangles hair strands effectively, removing knots and whorls without doing a number on your tresses.
High-quality boar bristle brushes are the way to go when it comes to taming your mane. It’s not only meant to add gloss and body to your hair, it also promotes proper blood circulation on your scalp for healthier hair. Check out our list and see which among those picks cater to your needs.